Monday, November 21, 2011

help me superman, you're my only hope


Don’ t play with me cause you’re playing with fire…sigh.   Truer words have never been spoken, across the board, always ever at all.  Not just about me, I swear.  I think it’s really true of everyone to some degree.  Everyone is someone else’s kryptonite, funeral pyre, never dying bonfire.  It’s unfortunate that you can’t make the entire world take a compatibility test, well not so much compatibility as incinerability, and put it on a database, accessible to all.  You meet someone, you can look at the list to see what the odds are of your future.   I think it would save a lot of heartache and sadness down the line.  I wonder how many times you find your kryptonite in your lifetime?  I hope it’s only once, but I have a feeling it might be more.

You always know as soon as it happens, too.  That quick eye lock across a crowded room and bam, it’s over.  Even if it takes months or years or eons to meet back up, that first eye lock is all that matters.  It’s just like all the silly romantic movies I pretend to hate but secretly love and cry through.  The world stops spinning for what feels like an eternity, everything goes grey (or at least fuzzy), people move in slow motion, and sound is in a vacuum.  You don’t know what hit you.  And as quickly as it happens, it’s over.  And you are so unnerved because you know your life is about to change forever, because of that one quick, sideways glance.  And if you’re lucky, your kryptonite will be fireworks not a bomb blast.  And if you’re really lucky, it will be mutual and long lasting not bizarre and unhealthy.  Regardless everything you thought you knew will change in that one blink of an eye.   And your heart will grow 5 sizes that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment