Tuesday, May 8, 2012

There's no place like home..


How do you miss something that never was?  Is it real, or is it an illusion? Life is not but a dream. Or is it? Land of Oz? The man who fell to Earth?  Or more likely the man that wasn’t there? This is not my beautiful house. My GOD! How did I get here?

It’s so easy to get wrapped up in day dreams. But crossing over between dreams and reality?  Now that’s a feat. Or is it?  Series end with the reveal – oh it was just a dream and now I’m awake in the same multi-billion dollar mansion but no one ever shot JR.  Or moved to rural New England and met Larry, Daryl or Daryl.  Dorothy found her way back from Oz (via a tornado induced concussion).  And you were there, and you were -  click your heels together and, wait for it…there’s no place like home. All wrapped up in a neat and tidy bow, happily ever after.  Isn’t that how it always is?  Happily. Never. After.

Is it a dream or is it a reality?  Is it real because you believe it or them or him or her? Or is no more than a sham when it turns out to be nothing like promised, expected, hoped for?  Do people really change that much? Is everyone a chameleon? Or is it just trying on clothes that eventually you grow out of?  Dammit, I seem to have gained too much weight to wear those skinny jeans. I really thought I loved those gold lame pants but I changed my mind.  And these shoes? WHAT was I thinking? A constant shuffle of trial and error and cause and effect and plus and minus and pro and con and here we go round the mulberry bush. Ashes Ashes they all fall down.  Candymancandymancandy…


No comments:

Post a Comment